Thursday, March 15, 2012

What Skyrim Has Taught Me About Myself

Ok, this is going to be a super-nerdy post, but I feel the need to talk about something has sucked my life away.

If you didn't know, Skyrim is like, the coolest game ever. It's a little too cool, in fact. It's really addicting, and it's been sucking my life away. I'm normally not a huge gamer. Here are some things I've discovered as I played the game.

Discovery #1: People depend on me waaay more than they should.






Discovery #2: I get distracted really easily.





Discovery #3: I get a kick out of doing things in a videogame that I would never do in real life.





Discovery #4: You should never take directions from me.


If you frequent the blog, you probably already know this. But I have found that when getting from point A to point B, like so:


The suggested path might look like this:

But I will always take a path that looks something like this:

That is my feeble attempt at using a shortcut by trying to go in a straight line from A to B--even though a giant mountain is in the way. And then I get distracted by funny looking buildings along the way, and then I might get stopped by a guy who wants me to save their dog, and then I might get jumped by some bandits, and then I might kill a bunch of deer just for fun, and then I might get eaten by a dragon and have to start the whole journey over. . . It's kind of like playing The Oregon Trail, actually.

Discovery # 5: I find amusement in slaughtering everyone when I run out of things to do.


I'm not going to draw a picture of this one, but once I've completed all the main quests and all the side quests, and even most of the minor quests that no one likes, I'm left with a character that has god-like killing abilities--and no bad guys to kill. What other choice do I have other than to storm through the main city and mindlessly kill everyone there?

Like I said, I do things in videogames I wouldn't do in real life.

5 comments:

  1. Discovory #6 asking for permisson is totally stupid in video games.
    Then there is a picture of you recieving directions to go take a treasured jewel worth 100x what you own with all your lifes savings from a clan of undead murder people that only need one dead human to blow up the universe as we know it.
    Then there is a picture of you asking the undead people if you could please have the jewel.
    Then there is a picture of a skeleton with like 600 arrow in his brain.
    Then there is a picture of the universe exploding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clint, if you draw those pictures and send them to me, I will post them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might... anyway, I'd like to tell you that I have beaten the oregon trail several times. So nerdy of me 8l

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I know, it is impossible to beat Oregon trail. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just letting you know, Josh, in my opinion It's impossible to go down the river at the end. Make sure you save like 14-20$ somewhere around there. Then when you get to the dales, you can go down the river (where I always die) or cross a bridge (This requirs the money I mentioned earlier). Your choice. Jacob, I realized on discovery #4, You said that the sugested path goes under the MT. It dosen't let you. It thinks that you're trying to leave the map and makes an invisible wall that whenever you walk into it, it says "You cannot go there." You've got to go around it the other way.

    ReplyDelete