Thursday, January 6, 2011

Guess the Doodle

I've been working on a couple of art projects lately that are kind of, well, I think the word I'm looking for is 'difficult.'  You know, they just aren't behaving the way I'd like them to--if that makes any sense.  To anyone that reads this that doesn't know me personally, I can actually draw.  Here's an example:

These are my little brother's hands.
 I put that there just so you know that not everything I draw looks like this:

Although, you have to admit I captured the texture of the Chalupa pretty good there.
Anyway, I kind of needed a break and wanted to draw some really simple stuff, while playing a game with you.  It's called 'Guess the Doodle.'  I show you a picture, you guess what it is, and then you read the answer.  Some of the doodles are copies of drawings people have shown me before, so even though I did draw it myself, these pictures aren't all original artwork.  Get it?  Okay, we move on now.  First doodle:


Is it a rising sun?  A setting sun?  A train tunnel?
No. It's a portrait of an amoebae!  I feel like I really captured his essence here.

#2

This one is called "Guy in Sombrero Riding a Bicycle. From Above."

#3


Here we see four elephants sniffing a large peanut.  The elephants like to be very symmetrical.

#4



This one is kind of sad....  It's a worm attempting to cross a razor blade.

#5

Is it a guy with glasses that has a very bad case of pink eye?  No!  it's the guy in a sombrero frying an egg after his morning bike ride.  Once again, from above.

#6

This one is very touching.  It's a koala bear giving a giraffe a hug.

#7

I believe this is the most intense doodle of the series.  This one shows the guy in a sombrero being chased by a Chinese guy--in canoes!

#8


A hat?  A fried egg?
Nope.  I call it "Python Digesting Zookeeper."

#9


This is a velociraptor.  In a box!  I like to think it's the same one you don't see in the opening scene of Jurassic Park.

Last one:
#10


This...this is a really fat guy in a sombrero.

Fun story about this guy:  One day this really fat guy decided to wear his favorite red sombrero and enjoy a day at the beach with his family.  He forgot to pack sunscreen and got really sunburned.  Towards the end of the day, a businessman in a tree spotted him and had an epiphany.

Businessmen always wear suits.  Even at the beach.
So he snapped a photo with his cell phone camera and eventually made millions for his logo design.

5 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that this totally made my day tons better. Nothing like some very creative doodles to brighten your outlook on life. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some ideas to share with my first graders this Friday is Doodle day Drawing. May I use a couple of your ideas above?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 👏👏👏👏👏👏 Beautiful, I've never seen such beautiful art work. I could never hope to reach such artistic talent as you.

    ReplyDelete