Thursday, December 29, 2011

EpicStudyTime

So this is how my finals week went, starting with the Saturday before finals:





I listened to the rest of the message, packed up my stuff, and left the building - feeling totally unprepared for the rest of the week.

The library was closed on Sunday, it being the Sabbath and all. But on Monday, the library started staying open until 2:00 AM. I knew that I would be spending quite a bit of time there on that day.


I got a lot done and was pleased with my efforts that night, but I still had four more tests to go, so I needed to study a lot more on Tuesday.


I wasn't as successful on Tuesday, and knew that I would have to be in the library late again on Wednesday.


At the end of this night, I had what has got to be one of the stupidest thoughts I've ever had, which I can only attribute to lack of sleep and a diet of Dr. Pepper and Gummi Bears:

"Hey, I've been in the library every night at closing time this week. Wouldn't it be cool to say I was here at closing every night of finals week? There's only one more night left."


Well, on Thursday, I still had only taken two of my five finals. I had several review sessions and group study periods scheduled, and some other errands that needed to run. By 9:00 PM, I had been on campus for ten hours and still had two more finals to go. 

I trudged up the steps to my usual spot on the fifth floor to start my final cramming session. My friend urged me to go home - I didn't look like I was up for another five-hour study session. I declined. I was one day away from meeting my goal of being in the library every day of finals week, and nothing - not friends, not girls, not offers of free tacos - were going to keep me from it. Gosh dangit.





Approximately four and a half hours later:









P.S. My final grades were A, A-minus, and three B-pluses - which is the Asian equivalent of a D, but still good enough for me to keep my GPA within scholarship range.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the Asian grading scale, too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. On that note: http://www.quickmeme.com/High-Expectations-Asian-Father/oldest/
    A couple are slightly dirty, but this made me laugh quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete