Thursday, November 3, 2011

What I Know About Texting

So I've been thinking a lot about the way I come across when I'm texting others, and I've come to the following conclusion: I hate texting.  I'm really bad at it.  But I am trying to learn how to be a better texter. Over the last few months, I have learned some helpful hints that I would like to share with you:

1.) The Short Text Problem.
Example Text: "Thats okay"
What the girl is thinking: "Ohmygosh he's being so rude and short with me!"
What the reality probably is: The dude is probably in the middle of something important (to him, at least), and probably doesn't have time to send out a longer text with proper punctuation.
How to prevent this problem: "Thats okay :)" 


Now everyone is as happy as the punctuation at the end of that message.

2.) Finding Hidden Meanings in a Text
Example: When someone starts their text with the word 'hey,' you can learn a lot from the way they misspell it.




For the record, a similar curve seems to exists for the ratio of texts to smiley faces a person sends.




3.) Other Advanced Uses of Emoticons

-[8l]  "Everyday I'm Shufflin'"

(V) (;,,;) (V)  "Need a new emoticon?  Why not Zoidberg?"

d:-) >  "Sup,' bro?"  (Note the cap and popped collar)

(:    "This smiley is upside-down.  This is how I communicate with people from Australia."

=)   "This smiley has big cute eyes.  It makes my text that much more expressive."

(^<  "Quack."

          "I'm a whale!"   (Note: apparently this only works on an iPhone) (Note 2: this fad died out three months ago.)







'__________________'

No comments:

Post a Comment