Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

I'm thinking of making this a yearly tradition for my blog.  Since I didn't join the trend on Facebook, here's a list of 30 things I'm Thankful for:
  1. I'm thankful that I haven't been involved in a car accident yet.  I fear for my life every single time I walk to campus.
  2. That we haven't had a serious snowstorm yet here.  One thing that always makes my morning walk to school more hazardous is the complete loss of traction.
  3. My ward.
  4. My awesome bishop.
  5. Sunday nights spent chillin' with friends.
  6. Sunday afternoon naps.
  7. Redbox.
  8. Nostalgic moments.
  9. The Lovesac in our apartment. 
  10. Roommates that let me eat their leftover pizza.
  11. Roommates that do the dishes.
  12. That the people living below us decided to stop shooting their potato gun.
  13. Puppies and kittens.
  14. Tuesday Devotionals at BYU.
  15. The guy who came to BYU dressed as the Sexy Sax Man for Halloween.
  16. Professors that remember what it's like to be a student.
  17. People on Facebook that aren't annoying.
  18. The triumphant return of the XXL Chalupa at Taco Bell.
  19. The fact that I have never broken a bone.
  20. The feeling I get when I submit a school paper.
  21. When I meet someone and they tell me that they love my blog.  It makes me feel famous.
  22. Girls that still believe they can be attractive without dressing like sluts.
  23. Couples that keep their PDA to a minimum.
  24. That President Monson and the rest of the brethren decided not to hammer the young men to get married at the last General Conference.
  25. The fact that I haven't pulled any all nighters yet.
  26. I'm thankful that Maxibus the Man Van is still running. It was most recently nicknamed "Chester the Molester." 
  27. Grandmother's pie. We enjoy about 12 of these gifts of heaven every Thanksgiving.
  28. My mom's homemade rolls.
  29. That moment at Thanksgiving when a family member says something that makes the rest of us laugh like hyenas for five minutes straight.
  30. Everyone that reads, comments, or follows this blog.  Y'all rock!



P.S.You know what? It just doesn't feel right to post something on my blog anymore without a picture.  So here's a photo I found that I'll post for your enjoyment:


3 comments:

  1. It's a good tradition to have! I do a "Thankful Alphabet" every year, but I haven't gotten it posted yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augh, just realized two other things: 1) There were several "Sexy Sax Man"s on Halloween. Made me laugh. 2) My friend must live two floors below you, because the people above were shooting the potato gun into the open balcony door. "They're shooting at us! It's a vegetable! No, it's a starch!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw four Sexy Sax Men during the Halloween week. I am specifically thankful for the one that decided to play outside of our marketing class while we were taking tests.
    And yeah, your friend must be on the third floor. Those guys above him are stupid.

    ReplyDelete