Friday, February 18, 2011

Some Advanced Emoticons

Emoticons have become such an integral part of the Internet lexicon that it is now normal to assume that a person is a robot if they don't use them in their status updates and text messages.  Consider the following texting conversation:

 
Girl:  Hey!  How r u doin? : P

 
Guy: I am doing pretty good.  How are you?

 
Girl:  Whats wrong? :(

 
Guy: Nothing's wrong.  I'm just fine.

 
Girl:  U dont have to hide from me :)

 
Guy:  I'm not hiding anything.  Why do you think I'm depressed?

 
Girl:  Because ur not smiling!

 
Guy:  I'm just using normal grammar.

 
Girl:  ur not using any ! marks either!

 
Guy:  They're called exclamation marks, and you aren't supposed to use them except in exclamations.

 
Girl:  R u some kind of grammar robot? o_O

 
And the girl thought the guy was some sort of grammar robot from that day forward. . . .

 
Guys, it you ever want to date girls that say "how r u doing?" in text messages, you will need to learn to use emoticons in your daily communications.

 
The problem that I have with emoticons, however, is that the same old emotes get old really quick.

 



So, without further ado, I would like to submit to you some more advanced emoticons that you can use to spice up your electronic communication in the event of more specific situations.

  <:-I
"I'm at a party right now and can't be bothered by your communications."

  "<:-)
"I'm at a party right now and am about to realize that my party hat is a baby alligator and can't be bothered by your communications."

  --n---n-"< o_O
"I am so busy staring at your social gaffe that I am completely oblivious to the large crocodile that is about to eat me."

  :-O &
"I just discovered that I have a tapeworm! :("

  OE:-(
"I am sad right now because an octopus is on my head."

  :^[>
"I was lying to you about being a vampire with a goatee.  My nose grows."

  $__$
"I've spent so much time studying finance that all I can see is bond valuations."

  I0-(
"Cyclops appears to be upset because he has a unibrow and doesn't have the brain power to realize that he should only have one eyebrow anyway."

  >I0-)
"We gave cyclops a party hat and he put it on upside down!  Oh well, at least it made him happy."

                M
  >I0-O  :0
             W
"Aah!  Cyclops is now eating my best friend."

  Q:-[
"Davy Crockett was a fetchin' vampire!"

  *@:-0
"The Elvis impersonator's hair is on fire."

Now your emoticon party will be much more exciting!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't get around to reading this until just now, but that totally made a horridly stressful week a lot better. I'm dying. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Josh Hafen. (The neighbor.) This is by far one of your most funny posts! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see where you got all your views from, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey !! Check out my blog please :) absolutelyunconventional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete