Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Great Nacho Fail.

A while ago, my dad was cooking nachos.  He started out by carefully putting tortilla chips evenly spaced apart on a pan.

He then took out the Pace Picante Salsa from our refrigerator and applied a small spoonful of hot salsa to each and every tortilla chip.

After that, my dad got the modestly sharp cheddar cheese and liberally grated it over the nachos.

My dad then placed the pan of nachos inside our oven which had been preheated to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.

At this time, I was sitting on the couch watching TV, eagerly awaiting some fresh nachos.  Dad turned to me and said:


For those who can't read cursive, that says: "Son, go and fetch some fresh parsley from our garden, that we may garnish these fine nachos!"    (That's not a direct quote, by the way.)  

We actually do grow parsley in our garden.  Being the obedient boy I am, I went out into the garden and collected a few cloves of parsley.  As you know, parsley makes it fancy.


Anyway, I got back to the kitchen with the parsley right in time for the nachos to come out of the oven.  My dad started cutting the parsley into tiny bits to sprinkle on top of our late night delicacy.

Now, maybe my dad got cocky, or the sweet smell of melted cheese distracted him, but whatever the case is, he made a mistake while chopping the parsley.




My dad had accidentally sliced off about one-eighth of an inch off of the tip of his index finger.  It took him a couple of seconds to realize how freaky that was.




By the way, I was just wanted to clarify that I would have drawn fingers on my pictures if I wasn't using a laptop track pad.  So you get just the circle hands.  Don't complain, just imagine fingers on there, with one of them bleeding profusely.

Anyway, it was around this point that my then 12-year-old little brother entered the room.




My little brother then picked up the small chunk of finger that my dad lost.

At this point my dad took the small chunk and decided to go see a doctor.

True story.




UPDATE:  Almost immediately after posting, I realized that I was doing y'all a disfavor by not writing about what happens next.

My dad went to our neighborhood doctor.  He lives just a few streets away and had just gotten off-duty at the ER.




The doctor then told my dad to stick a bandage on his fingertip and just let it heal naturally.

Meanwhile, back home:

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these little MS Paint pictures. You do a really good job illustrating the stories--just enough picture to make it better, but not too many so it gets cluttered. And that was a rather quite entertaining story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it happened just last months but Randy is almost 17 years old so I guess it has been 5years. Since I have been married to your Father for 24years it seems that he cuts part of his body all the time. He had to go get stiches so many times while I only went to the hospital when I have babies. I hope you will be careful when you use a sharp object. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was taller than you back than. Even if I was twelve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy, that is a LIE. You didn't get taller than me until I turned 19.
    Mom, I didn't realize that you read my blog. Thanks for the comment.
    Elisabeth, MS paint is just so much funner to use. I get a kick out of it.
    To everyone else: Thanks so much for reading this. I love comments and people who follow me .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacob, Caleb and I just read this from a link on your dad's facebook, and we laughed our heads off. Especially the part about Dodger. Caleb wants to know if that part is really true.

    We're just waiting now for you to post some artwork of us rolling on the floor sans heads ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie: I wasn't there, but my dad says that's what happened. And you know how he is with his stories. . . I'm assuming it's true.

    ReplyDelete