Friday, January 14, 2011

The Update

I'm in a new apartment this semester.  It's known as one of the four 'penthouses' here at my apartment complex.  Normally, you have to pay an extra 20-50 dollars (can't remember the exact amount) to live there, but thanks to a special deal I got, it still costs the same for me.  Win.

Why does it cost extra?  Here's the reasoning:
  • The ceilings are a couple feet higher
  • We have stainless steel appliances
  • The TV is a bit nicer
  • There are cabinets above the washer and dryer
  • We have a DVR
Honestly, I don't think it's worth the extra price.  Here's why:
  • Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen don't mean much to me since I do all my cooking with a microwave.  I believe it cooks the same either way.  Although it would be cool if there was a difference....
  • "Look at what the stainless steel microwave did to my Hot Pocket!"
  • The TV in the last apartment was nicer than any TV I ever had at home, so I was content with that.
  • I always kept my laundry detergent on top of the dryer in the last apartment.  Cabinets are unnecessary.
  • I watch all my TV on Hulu and Netflix, so DVR is also unnecessary.
  • Ten foot ceilings are high enough for me.  It's not like I'm an 11 and 1/2 foot freak.
"Oh, how I wish my ceiling was higher..."

In related news, I found something interesting the first time I walked into my apartment's bathroom.


That's a life-size dinosaur head, and it's at eye-level with you when you're sitting on the john.  One of my roommates is a film major, and he had to construct this head for a film project.  It's disturbingly lifelike with its eyes and textured tongue and stuff.  It sort of creeped me out the first time I wanted to use the bathroom here.



















In other news, I'm now back in school.  It's been a full 30 months since I was a full time student.  Here's something I don't get: 

Full-Time Missionary
  • Biggest Stressor: The eternal salvation of everyone I come into contact with!
  • My Approximate Stress Level:  Maybe a six.
 Full-Time Student
  • Biggest Stressor:  Currently a quiz worth ten points towards my final grade.
  • My Approximate Stress Level:  20
Can anyone explain that one to me?

Final item: Maxibus the Man Van died this last Sunday.  I knew it would have a short life-expectancy! Fortunately, I have very loving parents who care that I have a vehicle.  They provided the funds for a new fuel pump that should add some extra mileage to Maxibus.

1 comment: