Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes I Feel Like One of those Guys that Spins Plates on Sticks

And when I have too many plates on sticks to spin, the first thing that I'm going to drop is the blog.  Sorry to those that have been waiting for a new post! I'm usually working on two to three different blog posts at a time, and they take a surprising amount of time (who would've thunk that MS paint would ever be time consuming?).  Rest assured, a new post is coming soon.  Here's a quick list of what's been occupying my time:

1. An upcoming test in Bus M 301: Finance for Business majors.  Last week I realized that I have no idea what things like 'free cash flow to the firm' or 'the DuPont equation' mean, and that the test is coming up this Wednesday.

2. An upcoming test in M Comm 320:  Business Communications.  This is causing a lot of stress once I realized my public school English education has done very little for me in the grammar department.  I was doing a 65 question practice test this weekend and came across question after question like this:
  • Which of the following best applies sentence-subject guidelines?
    • A. Many people believe that it's not what you know, but who you know that counts.
    • B. It's going to be cloudy and rainy this weekend, so bring an umbrella.
    • C. There will be a shortage of seating, so we won't be able to invite extra guests to the performance.
    • D. The bus will drop us off before the game in Lot C, but it will pick us up after the game in Lot  D.
Don't ask me which one is right, because I've only narrowed it down to two.  By the way, since this class started, I have learned that I have been making all sorts of grammatical errors on here.  Please don't judge me.

3. I was just barely called to be the secretary in my Elders' Quorum.  It'll be fun, but a bit time consuming.  I need to learn the names of everyone in the quorum and take attendance every week.  This is complicated because I have only been going to my current student ward for three weeks now.

4. My roommate got Halo: Reach for the Xbox 360.  Saving the planet from the threat of an alien invasion takes precedence over blogging.

5. My roommate got an Xbox Kinect.  Looking like a spaz and having Microsoft record it on a camera takes precedence over blogging. . . . I think. . . .

So yeah, I think three out of my five reasons are pretty good.

P.S.  FYI, it's the worst day of the year today.  It was scientifically proven by a British scientist.  Read about it here.  My favorite part of the article is were we learn about the formula used to determine the worst day of the year:

"The model is: [W + (D-d)] x TQ     
                             M x NA
The equation is broken down into seven variables: (W) weather, (D) debt, (d) monthly salary, (T) time since Christmas, (Q) time since failed quit attempt, (M) low motivational levels and (NA) the need to take action."

I'm pretty sure most of those variables are bogus, but whatever.  It's written down and published on MSNBC.com, so it must be true. 

Coincidentally, today is my 22nd birthday.  Happy worst day of the year to MEEE!
While the rest of y'all are being depressed over the weather, the lack of holidays, and your need to take action, I'll be celebrating by killing alien hordes and pretending to dance on the Kinect.  Suck on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment