Friday, May 20, 2011

Evidences That I am Not a Good Person

In case you hadn't heard, the world could be ending in a few hours, which would make today the last Friday in history, which would mean that I will never hear another Rebecca Black Friday joke again.  This makes me want to cry.

Yes, but is it tears of sorrow, or tears of joy?
Anyway, I don't subscribe to the Rapture theory, but I do believe in a bit of fun.  So just for the heck of it, I am going to list 25 reasons why I would be one of those people that would be left behind.  Here it goes:
  1. I will often ask people if there is anything I can do for them, and then be mildly disappointed when they say there is.
  2. When I tell someone I'll pray for them, I will most likely forget to pray for them by 7 pm.
  3. I never buy anything from the fresh produce section, and I intentionally buy the least healthy options whenever I am shopping for groceries.
  4. Come to think of it, I haven't cooked a vegetable since 2007.  Possibly earlier.
  5. I may not have said a cuss word since the second grade, but I have thought about it many times.
  6. I don't always tell my friends how awesome they are; but when I do, it's on Facebook. But only on their birthday.  And if I'm in a good mood.
  7. I enjoy listening to Lady Gaga.
  8. If I do get left behind when the rapture comes, I'm totally going to take your car.
  9. I haven't written a letter to my little brother on a mission for over a month.
  10. I once took the tag off of a Beanie Baby.
  11. I will sometimes laugh at dead baby jokes.
  12. When I watched The Dark Knight, I was rooting for the joker.
  13. When I watch horror movies, I pick out which characters I hope will die first.
  14. When I watched Star Wars: Episode III, I was happy when Anakin finally became evil.
  15. When I was a kid, I liked setting bugs on fire with a magnifying glass.
  16. When I wrote ^that, I realized I still think it'd be fun to set bugs on fire with a magnifying glass.
  17. This one time, when I checked our mail, I saw that all the letters were for my roommates.  I left all the letters in the mailbox.
  18. I eat peanut butter straight from the jar with my finger.
  19. I drink milk straight from the carton.
  20. I love animals, but it's mainly because they taste really good.
  21. One time, when I was missionary companions with really quiet person, I decided to stare at him and see how long it took for him to break the awkward silence (6 minutes and 32 seconds.  Holy Crap).
  22. I then did that every day for the next week.
  23. I say "what the eff" a lot.
  24. When I see an acquaintance and I can tell they've forgotten my name ("Hey, . . .you, how are you doing?"), I like to watch them squirm by saying their name as many times as I can in our conversation.
  25. When I meet people who want to know what nationality I am, but don't want to ask the question point blank, I like to throw them off and confuse them.  For example:
    • "Do you speak any foreign languages?"
      • "Nope, but I do know a couple of phrases in Spanish."
    • "So. . .where does your last name come from?"
      • "It's English." 
      • "Oh, that's cool.  I was just wondering because I knew some Chinese who had the last name Low and I thought it might have had some Asian connection." 
      • "Haha, those crazy Asians."
    • "So, where are you from, Jake?"  
      • "Farmington, Utah." 
      • "And before that?" 
      • "The Pre-Earth life?" 
 And that is why I am not a good person.

    7 comments:

    1. I'll admit, I've done a few of those. I do have to say, though, that the last one is one of my favorites. Except if I said I spoke some Spanish, they'd keep believing that I was Hispanic. Do I really look that Hispanic? Everyone always seems so surprised that I'm half Asian...
      In any case, good list, and good laugh for my Saturday morning.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wait a sec. . . you're half Asian? What nationality?
      I've gotten asked if I was Hispanic a couple of times as well, btw.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I get asked if I'm hispanic too when people learn my middle name is 'Chika'. If my parents were hispanic, they would not have named their daughter "girl". haha!

      Go team half-asian! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Half-Jins Unite!
      If y'all are half white, we could call ourselves the Whasian club!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hahahahaha!!! The Whasian club! I like it!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This has been a very significant blog indeed. I’ve acquired a lot of helpful information from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for sharing these & very well explain post. Some thing new to learn from this helpful post.

      ReplyDelete