Sunday, May 8, 2011

Some of My Artwork

These are some portraits that I've done for various friends of mine:






I enjoy drawing characters from blockbuster Movies.  Here are some examples.  The medium is graphite and ink, and the size of each is 9 x 12.
Captain Jack Sparrow

Neo, of The Matrix

Spiderman

The Joker
Here are some projects I completed for my VA-114 Drawing class:


We sketched the animal in the Bean Museum.  This one was done with charcoal.

The engine of a Ford Raptor, done with a white colored pencil.
A ball-point pen drawing of my wardrobe.


For my final project in the class, I did three of the statues on BYU's campus in a comic book style.  I used graphite and ink--my favorite medium combination.

This statue is located on the second floor of the Harold B. Lee Library.

The famous 'naked indian' statue (Chief Massasoit).

This statue is titled "Resurrection" and is located in the statue garden by the MOA
Here are some acrylic paintings I made.  I've been copying some older paintings to try to study the different styles of the old masters.

Caravaggio's "The Inspiration of Saint Matthew."  This painting is 30 x 40 inches, which is the largest painting I've ever done.

Carl Bloch's "Gethsemane." I made a few alterations; namely with the colors and the background.

Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring."

A Roy Lichtenstien
Botticelli's "Birth of Venus," completing the trilogy of famous female portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment