Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why Couldn't It Have Been Daniel Craig?!


Recently I was at a wedding for a former missionary companion and very good friend in Oakland, California.  He wanted me to be one of his groomsmen.  Since I had never had that opportunity before, I gladly said yes.

Oakland was very nice--although my uncle informed me that every city seems nice when all you see is the temple.

The lovely Oakland, CA Temple

And the great view of the bay area from the temple grounds.

 My favorite part of the wedding--outside of catching up with my friend, seeing the temple, and enjoying a free meal at the reception--was the tuxedo I got to wear.  The bride and groom have amazingly good taste in suits.


So that's a grey tux with a green vest and tie, with a white handkerchief and shiny white shoes.  I looked pretty dang good.  So good, in fact, that I decided to post a picture of me in the tux as my Facebook profile picture.


So yeah, I was feeling pretty cocky and good about myself.  So much so that I wrote "I submit that few men have ever looked as good in a tux as I do right now."  Humble?  Not at that moment.

Well, the photo was up for maybe three hours before one of my friends pointed this out:


That. . . that was not the look I was going for.

"Seriously?!  You couldn't have picked Daniel Craig?"




1 comment:

  1. hahaha!!! Oh Jake. Don't you worry, you most certainly do not look like Pee-Wee although the picture comparison is pretty funny. :) I love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete