Monday, October 25, 2010

Top 5 Halloween Videos

This post combines two of my favorite things in the world:  Halloween and YouTube.  Halloween was THE holiday I looked forward to as a kid.  I would often start thinking about what my Halloween Costume would be right around November 1st or 2nd.  Maybe it's a bad thing to be into the whole monsters and demons stuff, but I just get a kick out of the costumes, the makeup and the decorations.

And YouTube is my pastime.  I think it's pretty much my go to source of entertainment when I'm bored, and sharing stupid YouTube videos with my roommates and friends is one of my favorite activities.

And so, without further ado, I give you my top five favorite Halloween YouTube videos:

5.  Human Transformer:  Halloween just wouldn't be Halloween without costumes.  People pay big bucks to get the best costumes and win contests at parties (if you're still looking for ideas, see CostumesDiscounters.com--be warned, their 'Humorous' costumes are kind of dirty-- or BuyCostumes.com).   There are a few different videos like this out on the Internet, but this one wins for clever engineering, good transformation, and the little jig the guy does towards the end.



4. Never Scare a Black Guy:  This one really needs no introduction.  It's short and sweet.




3.  Sorority Girls From Hell:  A very animated girl tries to explain to her date the 50's b-movie she saw the other night; Sorority Girls From Hell!  The theme songs got stuck in my head for a week after I saw this.




2.  Halloween Pumpkin Massacre:  Common horror film ingredients: sharp objects, screaming victims, and lots of gore.  Now combine that with talking pumpkins.   Natural connection, right?




1. Scare Tactics:  Gary the Babysitter:  Scare Tactics is a hidden camera show on cable that gets its laughs by scaring the pants off of its victims.  Oftentimes they go overboard with some extreme pranks, but they've also had some real gems.  Some of my favorite vids on YouTube include 'Bigfoot,' 'Alien Abduction,' and 'Rat Monster;'  but this one takes the number one spot mainly because of Gary's reaction.   There's just something endlessly entertaining about feminine guys screaming.



Have a wonderful Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment