Friday, December 28, 2012

What I'm Thankful for This Thanksmas

Yeah, I normally do this on Thanksgiving, but I got pretty lazy this year. So let's just call this a Thanksgiving/Christmas list. A Thanksmas list. So without further ado, here's a list of some things I'm thankful for:

  • Not having much snow this year. I know, it's bad for global warming and the Utah economy, but I got to walk to school in that crap.
  • Also, having NO snow last year for the same reason.
  • But having enough snow in the mountains right now to go skiing
  • My calling in church. Seriously, Ward Prayer Co-Chair is the best thing ever. It's a ward leadership calling in my ward, but I have to do next to nothing. And it's a pretty social calling too.
  • The Wendy's near the Tanner Building. I've been eating there 2-3 times a week. The cashier knows me.
  • The free Frosty key chain I have. I think I've gotten about 100 free Frosty's this year.
  • The fact that I can get about 2,000 calories off the dollar menu for $5 at Wendy's.
  • Group members who do good group work (evil stare at one group member from this last year).
  • The fact that I survived spending 16 straight hours on campus one day late in November.
  • Getting a 97% on an Art History final and beating the art majors at their own game. Suck on that, liberal arts majors!
  • Lists. 
  • That my major does not require me to write giant research papers for classes like certain Art History classes do.
  • That I have a job offer. Related to my major.
  • Facebook friends that tag me in photos (my parents are grateful for that too, beeteedubs. It lets them know that I actually have friends).
  • Disneyland.
  • That we don't live in a zombie apocalypse,
  • but that I'm prepared for one in case I ever have to. Thanks, Walking Dead.
  • People who are engaged, but don't feel the need to be constantly touching each other.
  • Chester the Molester.
  • Chester the Molester not dying this year.
  • Surviving my first car accident in TLC, the other car I drove this summer.
  • As well as the time TLC somehow had one of its tires impaled by a set of pliers while on I-15. Literally impaled.
  • And the time the hood on TLC decided to flip open while driving on I-15.
  • That I don't have to repent for hating a car.
  • My bishop.
  • My ward.
  • Not getting hit by cars while riding my bike in Provo. . .Yet.
  • The friend who convinced me to run a half marathon.
  • The friend who introduced me to Doctor Who.
  • The friends who didn't get all political on Facebook this last election.
  • The friend who always invites me to dance parties.
  • The friend who says she loves my laugh, in spite of how obnoxious it is.
  • The friend that was willing to be dragged through the BYU Art Museum and look at all the works of art with me.
  • The friend that always lights up when people she knows enter the room.
  • The friend who introduced me to frappes.
  • Friends in general. Good grief I'm blessed.
  • The roommate who did my cleaning check for me.
  • The roommates who are willing to listen to my dating stories and gripes.
  • My roommates in general.  Seriously, they're great.
  • Sunlight
  • That time late at night when everything becomes hilarious.
  • Sunday dinners.
  • Stargazing.
  • Frozen food.
  • Family.
  • Kittens.
  • The fact that I can list this many things to be Thankful for.
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thanks for the great year everybody!














No comments:

Post a Comment