Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting Called Out in Class

So I'm a teacher's assistant for one of my marketing professors. I'm going on my second semester grading papers and teaching test reviews now, and I love the job. At the same time, I'm also taking my marketing capstone class from this professor, and this is the second class I'm taking from him. We've known each other for over a year now and have had some good times.

So the other day we were going to take the midterm for this capstone class, and I realized something about the testing style my professor uses that made me a little excited. My professor uses a lot of story problems in his tests, and he always uses the names of his students in his stories.

And so I thought, "hey, he's never used my name before. I've been a good TA for a while now and I think it's time that my professor pays homage to me by putting my name in the test."

Anyway, I got to class and we all started taking the test. I went through all the multiple questions looking for my name. Instead, I kept reading test questions like this:

"Stacy is working at Big Corporation X when her manager comes to her with a problem..."

"Mark just got promoted to be a brand manager for Product X. Which of the following..."

"Jim just started his own business. Which promotion tactic should he use?"

I'm reading the test and am all like "Yeah, yeah, good for Jim, but where am I on this test?"

Then I got to the final multiple choice question:

"Jacob has been having problems with falling asleep in Professor _____'s class. He needs to change his ways. He remembers hearing (or maybe dreaming) about the SMART goal setting framework. Which of the following would be part of that framework?"




BTW, I missed that question on the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment