Friday, August 12, 2011

So I Woke Up This Morning. . . [For the First-time Visitor]

. . .got out of bed, grabbed some pop-tarts, and checked my laptop for updates.  Imagine my surprise when I checked Blogger and found that 1,400 people have visited this blog in the last twelve hours!  Normally, that's the amount of traffic I get in a month.  And a good month, at that.

So all the traffic came from StumbleUpon.  Someone liked my Advanced Emoticons post and put it on there.  Yay for sharing! Please keep doing it, since this party could use some more people!


Now, I guess this means there's a lot of first time readers out there, so here's a quick explanation about my blog.  I blog about whatever I feel like blogging about, but there are some definite themes that pop up again and again:
  1. I believe in telling stories with pictures, and since I don't always carry around a camera, that means you're going to find a lot of stories told with MS paint.  My little netbook computer doesn't do the whole fancy Photoshop thing. 
  2. I'm a Mormon attending Brigham Young University studying marketing.  I teach a Gospel Doctrine class at my local congregation and I served a mission for the LDS church from September 2008 to Septemer 2010.  So it's fair to say that religion plays a large role in my life, and it plays a role in this blog semi-regularly.  I try not to get preachy, but I do share the occasional spiritual thought.
  3. I'm pursuing a minor in visual arts, and I've got a couple of pretty cool projects coming up, so I'll probably be marketing some of my artistic abilities on here in the coming months.
If you're looking for a good read, might I recommend the following stories:
  • The Skouch: The first real MS paint comic I did.  This is the absolutely true story about the Family Home Evening that nearly killed me.
  • A Talk I Recently Gave on Baptism: I gave this talk in my BYU student ward in November.  For reasons I don't understand, this is my most viewed post of all time.  So I guess I did something right.
  • The Great Nacho Fail: Who doesn't love a story that has sharp objects, violence, blood, and nachos?
  • Harry Potter Yo' Mamma Jokes: A list of Harry Potter Yo' Mamma's so [blank] jokes I compiled.
Finally, if you like what you read, then please follow me! And leave your feedback in the comments!  I love followers and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment